New York is going after Trump…again.
The economy is going south and just in time for the elections.
And Stacy Abrams is an idiot.
Stacy Abrams, who’s running for governor of Georgia and is going to get her ass kicked again, made probably the stupidest assertion in support of abortion I have ever heard. Listen:
Stacey Abrams: "There is no such thing as a heartbeat at six weeks. It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men have the right to take control of a woman's body." pic.twitter.com/ukWdFQ2WLk
— Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) September 22, 2022
You can tell she doesn’t have any kids. I guess doctors, stethoscopes and sonograms are all a conspiracy to talk you out of an abortion.
So much science-ing.
That’s Not Quite What You Wanted
Leticia James, the attorney general of New York, has decided to sue the Trump administration. Here’s the story with this:
- This is a law suit, not a criminal prosecution. That’s important.
- James has led an investigation into Trump and his business for more than three years, which is weird.
- When James deposed Trump last month as part of the investigation, the former president pleaded his Fifth Amendment rights hundreds of times.
- The lawsuit targets the president, his business, and many associates. In addition to the former president, the lawsuit targets Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, The Trump Organization, Inc., and others.
- James alleges that Trump, with help from his three eldest children and others, “used fraudulent and misleading asset valuations over 200 times in 10 years on his annual financial statements,” she said in a statement on social media after announcing her suit.
- The lawsuit seeks to punish the targets with a $250 million penalty and a ban on operating any businesses in New York.
- James also seeks to ban Trump and the Trump organization from purchasing any real estate in New York for the next five years.
- The New York attorney general is also referring her investigation into Trump to the Department of Justice for criminal charges.
According to the Daily Wire:
One of the allegations in the lawsuit claims that Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s Florida golf resort and his current residence, was valued at $739 million. The resort’s valuation was about ten times greater than what it should have been valued at: roughly $75 million. The higher valuation was “based on the false premise that it was unrestricted property and could be developed for residential use even though Mr. Trump himself signed deeds donating his residential development rights and sharply restricting changes to the property,” the lawsuit says according to ABC News.
There are going to be problems with this:
- It’s obviously a very week case because it is not a criminal case which requires proof beyond reasonable doubt.
- A civil case just requires just a per ponderous of the evidence.
- She’s hoping to load the jury with a bunch of liberal New Yorkers.
- Property valuation is very subjective.
- Banks who gave the loans, I would assume, actually do some due diligence. They didn’t just hand Trump millions of dollars of loans without checking out Trump’s loan documents.
- It was a campaign promise of Leticia James to prosecute Trump. She is up for election in November. Remember this:
Then there was this:
Trump said they are after him. Doesn’t this sound like they’re after him? Do you think those couple of clips and dozens more are not going to find themselves in front of a jury and judge? Do you think these won’t be shown in front of an appellate court.
By the way, all the investigating she’s done, she didn’t find any money laundering or conspiracy or collusion. She’s spent three year investigating nothing while her city is crime ridden. Amazing.
This just looks like malicious prosecution and a cynical election ploy. This is going nowhere.
Prepare for the Crash
The Fed has decided to raise interest rates by .75% yesterday. That brings the interest rates to 3% to 3.25%. Before the announcement, the stock market was up over a hundred points. The second he made the announcement, the stock market crashed. It ended up dropping 550 points. So far today, it’s only down 40 points.
I said yesterday that the interest rates are probably going to have to up to between 5% and 6%. Fed Chairman, Jerome Powell, said interest rates could get to between 4% and 5% by December and that will lead to stagnation and job loss which is what Powell is trying to avoid by raising the interest rates slowly. But he warned that it’s going to be very difficult to tame inflation without stagnating the economy and job loss.
So be prepared for the pain. But that’s not it.
It is expected that the third quarter may have a GDP gain of .3%. Usually when I hear the Fed make a prediction like this, I expect it to be lower because I think there are nothing but idiots in the Fed. Call me cynical.
The Fed also said that we could see inflation and stagnation for the next two years, right before the 2024 election. So much for this all being transitory.
Want more bad news for the economy? Oil has gone up. In California, gas prices are up $.20.
Oil went up 3% to $85 a barrel. This is the first increase in 100 days. We still have October to look forward to when the government stop pulling a million barrels of oil out of the reserve. Gas is going back up soon and sharply.
Wonder If China is Doing This?
The government continues to make our military stronger and more fearsome.
According to Fox News:
A diversity and inclusion training by the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado instructs cadets to use words that “include all genders” and to refrain from saying things like “mom” and “dad.”
The slide presentation titled, “Diversity & Inclusion: What it is, why we care, & what we can do,” obtained by Fox News Digital, advises cadets to use “person-centered” and gender-neutral language when describing individuals.
“Some families are headed by single parents, grandparents, foster parents, two moms, two dads, etc.: consider ‘parent or caregiver’ instead of ‘mom and dad,'” the presentation states. “Use words that include all genders: ‘Folks’ or ‘Y’all’ instead of ‘guys’; ‘partner’ vs. ‘boyfriend or girlfriend.’”
I’m glad they aren’t teaching them things like military theory, how to kill people and how to blow things up. I think it is really important to not use the terms “mom” and “dad” and “boyfriend” and “girlfriend.
Other things they are going:
- There an exercise where they have to write as many animals that start with the letter “G” in one minute. This is to show diversity of thought between people.
- It teaches not to be “color blind” but to be “color conscious”. Weird since the military has always tried to take away individuality to make soldiers feel like a team.
- It makes the cadets think about their “self-value”.
Wow, the military sure changed since I was in the army. Everything these guys are teaching was discouraged when I was there. Wonder when China is going to implement a program like this.
Yeah, We Should Let Them Vote
If your kids are on Tik Tok, getting themselves off of that site might save their lives.
According to the New York Post:
It’s a recipe for disaster — and possibly the hospital.
The US Food and Drug Administration is warning against a social media challenge which involves people coating their poultry in NyQuil.
Called the “NyQuil Chicken Challenge,” users on social media are covering their meat in the over-the-counter medication, which is used to treat flu symptoms, colds and allergies.
Unsurprisingly, the FDA warned it could have very dangerous outcomes — not just if it’s ingested but from the cooking process.
“Boiling a medication can make it much more concentrated and change its properties in other ways,” the FDA explained in a warning, adding that even inhaling the medication’s vapors while cooking could cause high levels of the drugs to enter your body.
- TikTok is a Chinese company. You really have to wonder if these stupid “challenges” are pushed by the Chinese government to kill our children.
- I fear taking Nyquil when I’m sick. I couldn’t imagine making it stronger.
- Well, I guess this is one way to rid ourselves of the stupid.
- It’s hard to believe Democrats want to lower the voting age to 16-years-old.